The Washington Biologists’ Field Club is a nonprofit organization created to study and promote the study of biology in the Washington, DC area. The Club’s field headquarters is an historical cabin on Plummers Island, MD. The club was incorporated in 1901.
The Club is composed of individuals interested in the biological sciences and promotion of research on the fauna and flora of the District of Columbia area. It was formed in 1900 and incorporated as a society in 1901. The Club supports field-based research projects conducted on Plummers Island and throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States. Membership in the Club is by invitation from the Washington Biologists’ Field Club and is limited to 65 local members.